Are you looking for a new and trendy hairstyle to switch up your look? The wolf cut might be just what you need! This hairstyle has been gaining popularity among celebrities and fashion enthusiasts, and it's easy to see why. The wolf cut is a layered haircut with textured ends, giving the hair a messy and effortless appearance. The best part? It works great on short hair!
A Step-by-Step Guide to Achieve Wolf Cut for Short Hair
If you're interested in trying this hairstyle, but not sure where to start, don't worry. In this step-by-step guide, we will show you exactly how to achieve the perfect wolf cut on short hair. Get ready to embrace the edgy and fashionable look of the wolf cut!
Preparing for the Wolf Cut
Before getting a wolf cut, it's important to prepare yourself and ensure that you're making informed decisions. This involves researching different wolf cut styles and choosing the one that suits you the best. There are many variations of the wolf cut, including short or long, shaggy or sleek, and with or without bangs. It's essential to consider your face shape, hair type, and personal style before settling on a specific wolf cut. This research will give you an idea of what to expect and help you communicate your preferences to your stylist.
Once you've settled on a wolf cut style, the next step is finding a skilled hair stylist. Not every stylist is experienced in creating wolf cuts, so it's crucial to do your research and find someone who specializes in this particular style. You can ask friends or family members for recommendations, or search for stylists online. Look for stylists who have a portfolio of wolf cuts they have done in the past to ensure they have the necessary experience.
When you've found a stylist, the next step is to communicate your vision clearly to them. It's essential to be specific about the length, layers, and texture you want for your hair. You can bring photos of the wolf cut style you're interested in to give your stylist a visual reference. Moreover, don't hesitate to express your preferences and concerns, such as how short you want your hair to be, or if you want to keep any specific features of your current hairstyle.
Preparing Your Hair for Wolf Cut
Preparing your hair before a wolf cut is crucial to ensure that the stylist can work with clean and manageable hair. The following are some essential steps to prepare your hair for a wolf cut:
Washing and conditioning your hair:
Before going to the salon, it's recommended to wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. This will remove any product buildup or oils that can make it difficult for the stylist to cut your hair evenly. Remember to rinse your hair thoroughly to avoid any residue that can interfere with the cut.
Blow-drying your hair:
Blow-drying your hair is an essential step to prepare for a wolf cut. Wet hair can be difficult to cut and style, and it's important to have dry hair so that the stylist can see the natural fall of your hair. Use a blow dryer to dry your hair completely, starting at the roots and working your way to the ends.
Applying heat protectant:
A wolf cut often involves using heated styling tools such as a straightener or curling iron. To protect your hair from heat damage, it's recommended to apply a heat protectant spray or cream before styling. This will also help to keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
Parting your hair:
Before the stylist begins the cut, it's important to have your hair parted in the way you usually wear it. This will help the stylist to understand how your hair falls naturally and how to create the right shape and layers for your wolf cut.
Cutting the Hair to Achieve Wolf Cut
Cutting the hair is the most crucial step in achieving the perfect wolf cut.
Here are the essential steps your stylist will take to create a stylish wolf cut:
Cutting the hair with scissors
The first step is to cut the hair to the desired length using scissors. Your stylist will take into consideration the length you want and the natural fall of your hair to create a precise cut.
Texturizing the hair
After cutting the hair, the stylist will use texturizing shears to add texture to the hair. Texturizing gives the hair a shaggy and messy appearance, which is characteristic of the wolf cut.
Creating layers is essential to a wolf cut, as it adds dimension and movement to the hair. The stylist will use scissors to create short or long layers depending on the desired style.
Adjusting the length
The stylist will adjust the length of the hair as they cut to create the right balance and shape. They will take into account your face shape and hair type to create a cut that suits you.
Cutting the bangs
If you want bangs, the stylist will create them by cutting the hair in a straight line. Bangs are an essential part of a wolf cut and can be styled in different ways, such as blunt or wispy.
Shaping the sides
Finally, the stylist will shape the sides of your hair to create a layered and textured look. This step involves cutting the hair at an angle to add volume and movement to the hair.
How to Style The Wolf Cut on Short Hair
Styling the wolf cut is the final step to achieve the desired look.
Here are the essential steps to style your wolf cut hair:
- Applying hair products: The first step is to apply hair products that will hold the style in place. The type of product you use will depend on the desired style and your hair type. For a messy and textured look, use a styling cream or paste, while for a sleek and straight look, use a smoothing serum or oil.
- Blow-drying the hair: Blow-drying your hair is an essential step in styling a wolf cut. Use a blow dryer to dry your hair while running your fingers through it to create volume and texture. To create a messy and textured look, scrunch your hair while blow-drying.
- Using a straightener or curling iron: For a sleek and straight look, use a straightener to straighten your hair. For a wavy or curly look, use a curling iron to create loose waves or curls. Remember to use a heat protectant before using any heated styling tools to prevent damage to your hair.
- Styling the bangs: Bangs are an essential part of the wolf cut and can be styled in different ways. For a straight and blunt look, use a flat iron to straighten your bangs. For a messy and textured look, use a small amount of styling paste or cream and style the bangs with your fingers.
- Adding finishing touches: To finish off your wolf cut, use a finishing spray or serum to add shine and hold the style in place. You can also use a texturizing spray to add volume and texture to the hair.
How to Maintain A Wolf Cut
Maintaining a wolf cut is essential to keep your hair looking fresh and stylish.
Here are the essential steps to maintain your wolf cut:
Tips for maintaining the wolf cut:
To maintain your wolf cut, avoid washing your hair every day as this can strip the hair of its natural oils and cause it to dry out. Instead, wash your hair every two to three days and use a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Avoid using hot water and use lukewarm water instead to prevent damage to your hair.
Scheduling regular trims:
To maintain the shape and texture of your wolf cut, schedule regular trims with your stylist every four to six weeks. This will help prevent split ends and ensure that your hair maintains its shape and texture.
Proper hair care:
Proper hair care is essential to maintaining a wolf cut. Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair gently, and avoid using harsh chemicals and treatments that can damage your hair. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep your hair moisturized and healthy.
Tips for styling the wolf cut:
When styling your wolf cut, avoid using too many hair products as this can weigh down your hair and make it look greasy. Use a small amount of product and distribute it evenly throughout your hair. Use a dry shampoo to refresh your hair between washes and keep it looking fresh.
Protecting your hair:
Protecting your hair from heat damage is essential to maintaining a wolf cut. Use a heat protectant before using any heated styling tools, and avoid using them too frequently. Limit your use of hair dryers, straighteners, and curling irons to once or twice a week.
Best Products to Use on Wolf Cut
Choosing the right hair products is essential to achieve and maintain the perfect wolf cut. Some of the best products to use on a wolf cut hairstyle include a texturizing spray, sea salt spray, hair wax, pomade, and a styling cream.
Here are some of the best products to use for a wolf cut, along with their names and benefits:
A texturizing spray adds volume and texture to the hair, making it easier to style. Some of the best texturizing sprays for a wolf cut include:
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: This spray adds volume and texture to the hair, leaving it looking tousled and textured.
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish: This spray adds body and fullness to the hair, making it easier to style and maintain.
A styling cream can help define the hair and hold the style in place. Some of the best styling creams for a wolf cut include:
- Aveda Men's Grooming Cream: This cream adds shine and hold to the hair, making it easier to style and maintain.
- American Crew Forming Cream: This cream adds texture and definition to the hair, making it easier to style and maintain.
A heat protectant is essential when using heated styling tools to prevent damage to the hair. Some of the best heat protectants for a wolf cut include:
- Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray: This spray protects the hair from heat damage, leaving it looking shiny and healthy.
- Moroccanoil Perfect Defense: This spray protects the hair from heat damage and nourishes it with argan oil, leaving it looking shiny and healthy.
A finishing spray adds shine and hold to the hair, keeping the style in place for longer. Some of the best finishing sprays for a wolf cut include:
- Kenra Volume Spray 25: This spray adds volume and hold to the hair, keeping the style in place for longer.
- Redken Control Addict 28 High Control Hairspray: This spray adds hold and control to the hair, keeping the style in place for longer.
In conclusion, achieving the perfect wolf cut on short hair is achievable with the right preparation, cutting technique, and styling products. By researching different wolf cut styles, finding a skilled hair stylist, communicating your vision clearly, and properly preparing, cutting, and styling your hair, you can achieve a personalized wolf cut that complements your facial features and hair type. Remember to maintain your wolf cut with regular trims and proper hair care to keep it looking fresh and stylish. With this step-by-step guide, you can confidently achieve the perfect wolf cut on your short hair.